All newborn babies need nutrition and sleep
to promote healthy growth. As they eat and sleep multiple times a day, it is
almost impossible and unrealistic to try and establish a sleep pattern during
this period. The total daily sleep a baby at this age can vary between 16-18
hours. During this period, you cannot control when, where and how long your
baby will sleep.
8 – 9 Hrs 4 – 5 Naps
8 – 9 Hrs Awake every 2 – 3 hrs
40 – 60 Mins
|16 – 18 hrs|
What can you do to help your baby sleep better during this period?
1. Babies who sleep for long hours during the day and wake up frequently at night may experience day-night confusion. To get ahead of this, you can put your baby to sleep in a bright environment during the day and in a quiet and dark environment at night. While changing diapers during the day, you can talk and sing songs to your baby; At night, you should make sure to be quiet and ensure that the environment is dark.
2. If naps last more than 2 hours at a time, you can gently touch or stroke your baby in order to wake them. In this way, your baby will not only be fed as often as he/she needs, but will also get used to sleeping shorter during the day and longer at night.
3. The foremilk, which comes in the first 5-10 minutes of breastfeeding, is rich in oxytocin and helps your baby to fall asleep by relaxing. If your baby sleeps at this time, he/she will not be able to get the very satisfying hind milk, which starts to come after the first 10 minutes. If this happens, he/she will soon wake up hungry again. In this case, you can gently rub your baby’s hands to wake him/her up and continue to breastfeed. It is important that your baby stays awake and actively nurse in order to absorb all of the necessary nutrients for healthy development and healthy sleep.
4. Even if your baby falls asleep while cuddling, nursing, or even on your lap, you can get him/her used to sleeping in his/her bed by gently laying him/her down.
5. To ensure your baby sleeps comfortably and safely, you can lay him/her on his/her side or on his/her back. The ideal thing would be to alternate sleeping positions every time he/she goes to sleep. It is also important to put something under the bed that will create a slight incline in case your baby develops acid reflux. Choosing a hard mattress and having the bed free of pillows, thick blankets toys, covers or any other accessories that could present a choking hazard for up to a year is also important.
6. In the first months, to have a longer and more comfortable sleep, we recommend swaddling your baby. Swaddling provides your baby with a very similar feeling to being in the mother’s womb, it will both give a sense of warmth and confidence and protects your baby against their natural startle reflex. For correct and comfortable swaddling techniques, you can watch the video in the link below.
7. You can give your baby a pacifier after the first month. In this way, you will both satisfy your baby’s sucking reflex therefore providing comfort. Some babies may refuse a pacifier, make sure not to force them to take the pacifier. However, we do recommend trying different pacifiers to find one that they will accept.
8. During this period, when your baby is trying to get used to the world, it is very normal for them to wake up at night. Therefore, when your baby sleeps during the day, we recommend that you go to sleep or at least try to get as much rest as you can.
Siz & bebeğiniz için yeterli ve kaliteli uyku ihtiyaçtır.
5 – 36 ay aralığında olup kendi kendine uyumayı bilmeyen, sık uyanan ve tekrar uykuya dönmek için emzirilme, pışpışlan…
Bu program, Dandini Programına ilave olarak eğitime başladığımız ilk günün ilk uyku seansında, görüntülü olarak…
0 – 5 yaş aralığında olup kendi kendine uyumayı bilmeyen, sık uyanan ve tekrar uykuya dönmek için emzirilme, pışpışlanma…